Sarthana Surat Nature Park is also known as Dr. Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Zoological Garden. Nature Park Sarathana is situated at the North-East corner of Surat City, which is approachable by Surat Kamrej Road.
Prior to 1984, there was no zoo in South Gujarat. The people of Surat city and surrounding villages, especially the students of the schools and colleges were deprived of first-hand knowledge about wildlife. Keeping in view above, the Surat Municipal Corporation has prepared a plan for setting up a Nature Park.
Online Ticket Booking of Surat Nature Park:-
Online Ticket Booking of Surat Nature Park is available on www.suratmunicipal.gov.in and www.suratmunicipal.org.
Entry or Ticket Fee of Surat Nature Park:-
|The person above 12 years of age||Rs. 30/-|
|Children (3 -12 years) and person of 65 and above years of age.||Rs. 20/-|
|Students from educational institutes (Primary to Secondary) visit the Zoo in group||Rs. 10/-|
|Persons from women protection centres, orphanages, handicapped and mentally challenged institutes, juvenile homes, persons from Arm forces (irrespective Of age)||Free|
|Kids from SMC Managed Primary / Secondary Schools||Free|
|Adult Foreigner above 12 years of age with a guide map||Rs. 200/-|
|Foreigner Children (3-12 years)||Rs. 100/-|
|Still camera (per day)||Rs. 50/-|
|Domestic video camera (per day)||Rs. 150/-|
|Filming charges professional camera/video (per day) (prior approval of competent authority is required, for shooting the wildlife and Natural seen in the Nature Park).||Rs. 5000/-|
|Children (3-12 years) during Wildlife Week & 5th June World Environment Day celebration||Free|
Visitor Timing of Surat Nature Park:-
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Weekly Closure Day of Surat Nature Park:-
Monday is Surat Nature Park is Close.
Suvali Beach Timings Entry fee Where to Stay
Suvali Beach Timings Entry fee Where to Stay Click here
Visitor Facilities of Surat Nature Park:-
- Water huts
- Wheel Chair
- Battery Operated Passenger Trollies (BOPT) for zoo round
Address of Surat Nature Park:-
Dr Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Zoological Garden,
Opposite Old Sarthana Octroi Naka,
Sarthana, Surat- Kamrej Road,
Contact Number of Surat Nature Park:-
The telephone number is 0261-2422285-87.
Aim of Surat Nature Park:-
- create awareness about wild life and its conservation among the visitors through exhibiting of animals in simulated habitat condition and by educational programmes.
- breed endanger & extinct species found locally, regionally and countrywide in planned manner.
- protect endangered & extinct species of wild life and to conserve them in natural environment.
- create conservation awareness among public to get their support for conservation – preservation.
Do’s and Don’ts for visitors at Zoo or Surat Nature Park:-
- Enter the park with an appropriate entry pass which may be obtained after paying prescribed fees at the Ticket Collecting Centre.
- Produce permit for inspection on demand by any Park Official.
- Maintain absolute peace and silence inside the Park premises.
- Keep your eyes and ears open but not mouths.
- Help to keep the Park premises clean.
- Report / inform Park Officials in case of any emergency or occurrence of accident for help.
- Observe the natural behavior of animals Silently.
- Destroy/Cut/pluck/remove the plants, trees & flowers.
- Tease/provoke the animals.
- Feed the animals.
- Go beyond the stand off barrier of the visitor’s gallery.
- Litter the park with waste papers/refuse , etc.
- Play radio, tape-recorder, etc. inside the Park premises.
- Enter the Park with weapons such as guns, bow & arrows, explosives, hooks, catapults, nets, poison, snares, traps and any other apparatus which can anaesthetize, decoy, destroy or injure / kill animal.
Only room booking contact me 916372611751