Dwarkadhish Temple Latest Update
Rising of Covid-19 cases, the Dwarkadhish temple will remain closed for devotees from 17th January to 23rd January.
About Dwarkadhish Temple
Dwarka is considered as Capital of Shree Krishna and Bet Dwarka is a residence. Shree Krishna used to conduct his religious assembly at Dwarka.
One of the four holy pilgrimage sites for Hindus, it often feels like the end of the earth with temples overlooking the Arabian Sea on the western tip of Gujarat. It is closely linked with many legends from Lord Krishna’s life.
It is believed that Krishna dwelled the rest of his earthly life in Dwarka after fleeing from Mathura.
The architecture of Dwarkadhish Temple
The Dwarkadhish temple consists of Garbhagriha, Antarala, Mandapa, and Ardhamandapa. The Mandapa is open on all sides rises to five storey and has 60 pillars to support them. The temple has a high conical shikhara with a height of about 50 meters (165 feet) while the pyramidal roof of Mandapa is adorned with a series of tiny bell-shaped domes. The exterior facade and the Shikhara of the temple are profusely carved but internally it is plain. A shrine of Shakti-Mata is located on the fourth storey of the temple.
The temple complex has two main gates for entrance. The one on the southern side is known as “Swargadwar” which is accessible by 56 steps or “Chhappan Sidhi” from Gomati creek, whereas the northern gate is known as “Mokshadwar”.
Dwarkadhish Temple Timing
Dwarkadhish Temple Timings:
Morning : 6:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Evening: 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Dwarkadhish Temple Darshan Timings:
Mangala Darshan – 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
Shringar Darshan – 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Aarti Darshan – 10:45 AM
Gwala Darshan – 10:55 AM
Shringar Darshan – 9:00 PM to 9:20 PM
Stuti Darshan – 9:20 PM to 9:30 PM
Dwarkadhish Temple Aarti Timings:
Managla Aarti – 6:30 AM
Shringar Aarti – 10:30 AM
Sandhya Aarti – 7:30 PM to 7:45 PM
Shayan Aarti – 8:30 PM
Bhog Timings at Dwarkadhish Temple:
Aarti Bhog – 10:30 AM to 10:45 AM
Madhyan Bhog – 11:05 AM to 11:25 AM
Rajbhog – 12:00 PM to 12:25 PM
Uttapan Bhog – 5:30 PM to 5:45 PM
Sandhya Bhog – 7:30 PM to 7:45 PM
Shayan Bhog – 8:05 PM to 8:25 PM
Abhishek Timings at Dwarkadhish Temple :
8:00 AM to 9:15 AM
Places to visit in Dwarka:
- Gopi Lake located 14 km away from Dwarka. The soil of Gopi talav is yellow in color while it is extremely smooth. There is a myth that after leaving ‘Vruj’, Krishna never went back to ‘Vruj’. During Krishna’s Childhood, he played Ras leelas many times with gopies (young female inhabitant of Vruj). They traveled from ‘Vruj’ to Dwarka, to meet Shree Krishna. They after playing Ras Leelas again with Shree Krishna, on the night of ‘Sharad Purnima’, they offered their lives to the soil of this land and hence this land has become popular as ‘Gopi Talav’.
- Rukmini Temple (Shree Krishna’s Patranis), is located 2 km away from Dwarka. There is a myth associated with it once Krishna and Rukhmini went to ‘Durvasha rushi’ to invite him at Dwarka. He was agreed on the condition that they (Krishna & Rukhmini) have to carry the chariot instead of any animal. Krishna & Rukhmini happily agreed to do so. While driving the chariot, Rukhmini became thirsty. Then Krishna stopped the chariot and made water of Holy River Ganga. ‘Durvasha’ annoyed by the action and curse Rukhmini to stay away from Shree Krishna Hence it is located 2 km. Away from Dwarka’s Jagat Mandir.
- Nageshwar jyotirlinga, which is one of the 12 jyotirlinga shrines, was the first stop of the tour. The tall statue of Lord Shiva dominates the temple complex and catches the attention of its visitors.
- Okha PORT which is literally the end of the earth on Saurashtra peninsula. It is primarily visited by the pilgrims for their trip to Bet Dwarka which is on an Island well connected with ferry services. Okha Port to Bet Island: Frequent ferry service (30 minutes, 10 INR per person)
- Bet Island is known for the highly revered temple of Lord Krishna and also believed as a very place where Lord Krishna met his childhood friend Sudama. Besides religious importance, It is also rich in archaeology and traces back to Harappan civilization.
Accommodation At Dwarka
There are high-end resorts, seaside villas, Dharmshalas, lodges, Bhavans.
How to reach Dwarkadhish Temple
The city is well connected by robust state-run buses.
The city is well connected by a rail network.
Porbandar (90 km) and Jamnagar (140 km) are the closest airports to Dwarka.