Jagadish Chandra Bose Aquarium is one of the best tourist places for kids. It is an underwater aquarium, the first of its kind in India. It is located in the area of Pal in Surat. The Aquarium is the home of more than 100 species of fish. For example, American Lobster, Moray Eel, Snowflake Eel, and Turtles. It is one of the best tourist places in Surat for nature lovers.
Table of Contents
About Jagdish Chandra Bose Aquarium Surat
The aquarium will be the home of more than 100 species of fish, from fresh, brackish, and marine waters, in 52 tanks. Aquascaping is underway as per the species’ requirements, and each tank will replicate a collection of species’ natural ecosystems.
The aqua life would include – turtles, American lobster, snowflake eel, lionfish, alligator gar, stingrays, cichlid, man-eater piranhas, ghost fish, and so on. It has got a world-class infrastructure and is definitely one of its kind in India.
Although the well-maintained and clean place is sure to be loved by people of all ages, the aquarium presents quite a spectacle to the children.
History Of Jagdish Chandra Bose Aquarium Surat
Jagdish Chandra Bose Aquarium was Inaugurated on 1 March 2014 by Narendra Modi.
It is the first multidisciplinary underwater aquarium of its kind in the country and named after the Bengali scientist Jagadish Chandra Bose.
The 25,722 square meter space will cost 20 Crores Indian Rupees. During the first phase of aquarium construction, a jellyfish pool and a shark tank will be key attractions. The shark tank will be two floors high (40 feet long, 30 feet wide) and hold 700,000 liters.
It will house two sharks. In the second phase, a dolphin tunnel pool habitat will be added.
Jagdish Chandra Bose Aquarium Surat Entry Fee
- 50 ₹ per person for Indian Adults (18-65 years)
- 20 ₹ per person for Indian Children (3-17 years)
- 30 ₹ per person for Indian Senior Citizen (above 65 years)
- 20 ₹ per person for Students from educational institute (3-17 years)
- 10 ₹ per person for Persons from women protection centre, orphanage, handicapped and mentally challenged institutes, juvenile homes, persons from Arm forces (irrespective Of age)
- 10 ₹ per person for Kids from SMC Managed primary Schools
- 30 ₹ per person for Person from WWF / person involved with the activities of environment protection
- 200 ₹ per person for Foreigner Adults (18-65 years)
- 100 ₹ per person for Foreigner Children (3-17 years)
- 100 ₹ per person for Foreign Senior Citizen (65- years & above)
- 10 ₹ for Clock Room /Locker
- 0 ₹ Free Wheel Chair for handicapped
Jagdish Chandra Bose Aquarium Online Ticket Booking
Jagdish Chandra Bose Aquarium Surat Timings
March to October – 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
November to February – 10:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Jagdish Chandra Bose Aquarium Surat Phone Number
Other Attractions in Surat
- Iskcon Temple
- Chintamani Jain Temple
- Dutch Garden
- Sardar Patel Museum
- Science Centre
- Textile Market
- Ambika Niketan Temple