Gopi Talav Surat is a favourite of all the locals. Apart from being an urban recreational space, this Gopi talav or lake also holds spiritual significance. With great history attached to it, the most important highlight of this Gopi lake is that some 500-odd years ago this waterbody played an important role in the city’s infrastructure given its traditional water management system.
About Gopi Talav Surat
Today this lake consists of a recreational area in the form of theme parks, open air theatre and jogging track, viewing deck – jetty & food court and boating. Rides and attraction include some fun ones like bumper car, paintball, bull rides, trackless train and more. All in all, a great outdoor family entertainment zone!
Gopi Talav Surat History
An affluent Brahmin merchant named Malik Gopi who was residing in Surat has contributed a lot towards the development of the lake Gopi Talav. The lake got its name after the King of Gujarat, Gopi pura. He later added the word “Malik” to commemorate the King of Gujarat. The merchant approached numerous astrologers to assign a name to this place and decided to name it as “Surya pur”. The King of Gujarat who was against the Hindu community refused to accept the name and advised the merchant to name the place as “Surat”.
Zones in Gopi Talav Surat
The area around the Gopi Talav has been divided into several zones-
- History Zone– This is the section which has the amphitheatre, history platforms, adorning motifs, an administration building and a vav.
- Food Zone– Known as ‘Surat Nu Jamun’, the food zone serves authentic and delicious Gujarati cuisine food. Light on the pocket, the area has a seating places with concrete benches.
- Communal Harmony Zone– As the name suggests, Communal Harmony Zone is meant mostly for yoga, meditation, and to rejuvenate. It has gazebos and laughing clubs.
- Diamond Zone– This is the most picturesque zone in the Gopi Talav as it houses the “Kohinoor Fountain”. Tourists mostly visit this place for sightseeing. The place offers immense peace and calm and is a perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Textile Zone– This zone is basically meant for the kids. It has got recreational activities and interesting games especially designed for the kids.
- Environment Awareness Zone– Environment Awareness Zone comprises of a massive green park and an amphitheatre that can accommodate upto 400 people. Several cultural events and activities are organized in this section.
Gopi Talav Surat Timings
Timings:- 6:15 am – 9:00 pm
Gopi Talav Surat Entry Fee
|Regular Days||Rs 20/-||Rs 10/-|
|Weekends||Rs 100/-||Rs 50/-|
|Publick Holidays||Rs 100/-||Rs 50/-|
|Vacations||Rs 100/-||Rs 50/-|
Gopi Talav Surat Ticket Price
|Zipline Ride||One Way||Rs 100/-||Two Way||Rs 200/-|
|Boating||Adults||Rs 100/-||Kids||Rs 70/-|
|Bumper Car||Adults||Rs 100 /-||Kids||Rs 70/-|
|Paintball||Adults||Rs 100/-||Kids||Rs 70/-|
|Bull Rides||Adults||Rs 100/-||Kids||Rs 70/-|
|Mini Trains For Kids||Adults||–||Kids||Rs 70/-|
|Kids Soft Play Area||Adults||–||Kids||Rs 70/-|
|Trackless Train||Adults||Rs 100/-||Kids||Rs 70/-|
|Mini Drop Tower for Kids||Adults||–||Kids||Rs 50/-|
|Wall Climbing||Adults||Rs 80/-||Kids||Rs 50/-|
|Carousel||Adults||Rs 100/-||Kids||Rs 50/-|
|Water Tricycle||Adults||Rs 100/-||Kids||Rs 50/-|
Gopi Talav Surat Parking Fee
How to Reach Gopi Talav Surat
Surat Airport is the nearest airport which is 14.7 km away from the Gopi Lake
Surat Railway Station is the nearest railway station which is 3 km away from the Gopi Lake
Surat is well connected with other major cities; also may private vehicles ply directly to the Lake.