How to Download a Birth and Death Certificate Online in Gujarat | Gujarat Birth and Death Certificate Online Registration Process. Check the status of your online application @eolakh on the official birth and death certificates website.
Table of Contents
Birth and Death Certificate Online Details
Gujarat Birth Certificates can be issued from any of the Gram Panchayats, Taluka Panchayats, or Municipal Offices. Every birth or death that occurs in the State or somewhere else must be registered to the Registrar of Births and Deaths. This rule is a provision of the 1969 Registrar of Births and Deaths Acts. The registration of births and deaths is required and must be done at the place of occurrence. The birth certificate must be registered in the municipality in which the child was born.
The state government has developed a simple online system called the Digital Gujarat Portal. Aside from that, an online service named eOlakh has been created to record civilian deaths. Where people can register birth and death certificates, Gujarat can also provide Online Birth/Death Certificate Downloads.
Documents Needed For Birth Certificate in Gujarat
The government has created the E Olakh website for most people in the country to register for birth certificates, but it varies slightly from state to state. For a more convenient process, people can choose to register their children’s births through the website. Applicants must submit several documents when registering for a Gujarat birth certificate.
- The essential requirement is a complete application form.
- They must attach the following documents when submitting the application form:
- Proof of birthplace (where the child was born) from a medical center
- Proof of identity of the parent
- Proof of residency
- Parental marriage certificate (optional), but quite common in most cases.
- Rural area: concerned e-Gram Centre for Gram Panchayats
- City: The municipality concerned
According to the laws, birth registration must be completed within 21 days, and if it is not, they must submit extra documents and pay additional fees, which include a late payment.
Download Birth Certificate In Gujarat
Death Certificate Process
A death certificate is a document issued by the state government confirming that a person has passed away. Family members of the individual are needed to get this certificate. The date, place, and cause of death are all listed on a death certificate. In the state of Gujarat, every death must be reported within 21 days of the occurrence. Check out the Gujarat Death Certificate Request Process.
According to the Births and Deaths Act 1969, every death must be registered within 21 days of its occurrence in the concerned state or union territory. The government has allocated a Registrar General at the Center and Chief Registrars at the states to help citizens register deaths. Following are the ways to register the death.
- If a death occurs in a household, the head of the household is liable to register the death in the concerned registrar’s office.
- If a death occurs in a hospital, a person authorized by the institution is responsible for registering the death in the concerned registrar’s office.
- If a death occurs in a prison, the in charge of the prison can register the death in the office of the registrar concerned.
- If a death occurs in a public place, the local police in charge or village head can register the death.
Documents Needed For Death Certificate in Gujarat
The following are the required documents to apply for a death certificate:
- The application form must be completed and signed.
- Statement of death declaration issued by hospital or nursing home.
- Postmortem report, if required
- Permission for delayed death registration.
- Aadhar card.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC).
- Ration card.
Important Details Of Death Certificate
The following details need to be known about the dead person:
- Applicant’s Name
- Gender of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Name of wife or husband
- birth date
- Permanent Address Contact No
- Deceased’s name and cast
- Applicant’s relationship with the deceased person
- Place and date of death
Download Death Certificate in Gujarat
How to Download Birth and Death Certificates
STEP 1: Go to the official website, https://eolakh.gujarat.gov.in/.
STEP 2: Click the “View” link on this page to download the scheme application form. The following is a direct link to download the Birth and Death Certificate:-
STEP 3: The Gujarat Birth and Death Certificate Online PDF will be displayed as follows: –
STEP 4: Simply download this Certificate form and print it.